When you browse the web, you leave a digital footprint. It’s information about your device and the way you use it online.
We want to inform you that we’ll collect this information about you. Most websites do this.
We use this information to deliver the website to you. We also use it for other things, which we think help you and us.
We’ve put this notice together to explain this. Don’t worry. It takes a few minutes to read.
By the way, when we say “we” this means the DNBC Financial Group and our trusted partners who provide services to us.
These include our:
- Technology providers
- Cybersecurity companies
- Social media partners
- Advertising partners
The data controller for this website and for the processing activities carried out on this website is DNBC Financial Holdings Pte. Ltd. We’ve set out contact details at the end of this notice if you need to reach us.
Our privacy notices
This is our website notice.
We have other notices. Some of these may apply to you as well. It depends on how you choose to interact with us.
- Public website notice (you are here): this notice covers parts of this website where you don’t need a password (like this page)
- Full privacy notice: our full privacy notices contain more information to read alongside this notice. These notices are country/territory-specific and will tell you more details, such as the full company names of DNBC’s data controllers in those countries and territories, and the products and services they cover. They also tell you how DNBC uses your personal information in general for those products and services and in those countries and territories. You can read them by visiting the website for the relevant product or service, or you can contact your customer services team for a copy.
- Cookie notice: This notice covers how we collect information from your web browser or mobile device
- Other notices: some of our apps or parts of our websites have their own privacy notices. For example, our mobile apps have privacy notices. You can usually find our notices in the footer of the webpage. If you’re using an app, it will usually be in the menu. Our full privacy notice is our main one and can be found by visiting the website for the product or services we provide you.
Personal information collected by this website
We collect information when you use our website. We also do this when you visit one of our social media sites.
When you view our website or social media sites, we can see:
- What you click
- What you view
- How long do you spend on pages
- Your device and internet connection details such as the type of device you’re using, IP address and details about your internet connection, technical details such as your screen size and the software you’re using, such as your web browser
- Your country or region (not exactly where you are unless we ask permission)
- Your unique advertising or other identification numbers allocated to your browser or device
If you follow a link to this website, we know the last site you visited. You may have reached this website by following a link from an e-mail. When you open an email from us, we may be able to tell:
- That you’ve opened it
- What links in the email do you click on
When you fill in a form on our website, we can see what you type.
If you send us a message or complete a form, we may collect the information you tell us.
Some of this data is collected by:
- Our partners: these may be website hosts or social media sites
- Cyber-security filtering technology: this keeps our website safe from fraud and crime
- Cookies and similar technology: these are set on your device by us and our trusted partners
We don’t often know exactly who you are from this data. But sometimes we may connect this data with other information we hold about you.
- If you browse our website and then access online payment, we may connect this data to you. The next time you visit, we may still link that data to you
- If you browse our website while logged into social media accounts, then our partners may be able to connect this data to those accounts
It might be possible to connect your browsing data to personal data held by third parties.
We use your data when it is in our legitimate interests.
This means we need to have a valid and lawful reason to use your data and balance this with your interests.
How we use this personal information
To deliver the website
We use your information to operate the website and monitor how well it is working. Most websites do this.
To provide you with information
- Respond to your questions
- Provide you with information, products, or services you have requested or which we feel may interest you
- Provide you with alerts or updates if you sign up for them
We may need to share your information with other companies within the DNBC Financial Group to provide you with the information you have requested (for example, if you have raised a question regarding your products and services). If we do this, the relevant full privacy notice will also apply to how we use your information.
To improve our business
We use your information to:
- Understand how you use our services
- View trends in product offerings
- Develop well-targeted offers and products
- Find offers and products that may be of interest to you
- Make our services better for you
- Learn how useful our marketing is and make it better
Security and protection
We use your information to help protect you and ourselves against fraud or crime. For example, our service providers look at all use of our website to help block malicious activity. This helps keep you and us safe.
Personalizing our website
When you visit our website, we may use data we collect to make the site reflect you. This could include:
- Tailoring our website content and services for you
- Showing your information or updates that might be useful for you
- Showing products or services that we think will be of interest to you
When we advertise online, we may share your information with our advertising partners.
We may ask our advertising partner to use that information to:
- Check if you hold an account with them
- Choose which adverts to send to you
- Send our adverts to you
- Exclude you from adverts, e.g. if the advert is for a service you already use
- Advertise to people who have a similar profile to you or share your interests
- Identify what other marketing may be of interest to you
- Understand how useful our marketing is and make it better
DNBC uses social media to:
- Help connect with you
- Share information about our products and services
Sometimes these involve using your data.
Social media platforms may let you choose what advertising you receive. You should contact them for more information.
When you access an DNBC Financial Group’s page on Facebook, Facebook Ireland and DNBC collect information about you. This includes:
- What you click on: if you start a messenger conversation
- What you view: when you hover over a link or have an event page on the screen
- What you say: like comments or reactions
- Your actions: like sharing or recommending
- Your activity: how long you spend on pages, date and time of actions or websites you visited before you took the action
- Your location: country or region. This is not your precise location unless you have provided this in your user profile and you are logged in
- Your device and internet connection
- Your Facebook profile details and user ID
DNBC has access to this information to use for reporting, insights, and marketing purposes and so does Facebook.
This helps DNBC improve our offering on Facebook and create better marketing. DNBC may also see this information if DNBC has communicated with you on Facebook. DNBC does this because it helps us know who we’re speaking to.
Within the European Union, Facebook Ireland is a ‘joint controller’ with us in law for processing where we collect information about you:
- From your actions on our Facebook page
- Through the Facebook pixel on our website
Further details of how Facebook processes your personal information, the legal basis it relies on, your rights, and Facebook’s contact details can be found at:
We think carefully about how we use your information. We always aim to use it in a way that’s fair to you. You might prefer us not to use it for some purposes.
You have a legal right to:
- Ask us to provide you with copies of your personal information, make corrections or sometimes ask us to delete it
- Object to our processing of your information in some circumstances. For example, to ask us not to share your personal information for online advertising
- Complain to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission by visiting https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/ or to the data protection regulator in the country where you are
- We may not always be able to stop processing your information, such as if we’re using it to help protect you or others
Other important information
We have a couple more things to tell you.
- Transfers: we may transfer your information outside of the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area. If this happens your information may not have the same level of protection
- Security: we’ll use a range of measures to keep your information safe and secure, such as encryption
- Storage: we keep your information in line with our data retention policy. We do this to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and for our legitimate purposes
Our full privacy notices contain more information about these topics.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
For the attention of the DPO
1 RAFFLES PLACE, #40-02, ONE RAFFLES PLACE
Or by the following email:
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time, and you’ll always be able to find the most recent version on this site.
Last updated: 03 Feb 2023
Thank you for reading this privacy notice.