Last modified: Oct 24, 2023 4:21 (UTC+08:00)
Terms Of Service Of Dnbc Financial Canada Limited Biometric Authentication Service
- These terms of service ("Terms") apply to and regulate your use of the DNBC Financial Canada Limited Biometric Authentication Service (“DNBC Biometric Authentication Service”) provided by DNBC Financial Canada Limited (“DNBC” or “we”). By registering to use the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service, or using the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service, you accept and agree to these Terms. If you do not accept the Terms, please stop accessing and using the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service.
- These Terms are in addition to and are to be perused together with the Universal Terms of Service.
- In the event of any conflicts or inconsistency, these Terms shall prevail over the Terms of Service of DNBCnet Internet Banking and DNBCnet Mobile Banking App (“DNBCnet App”) corresponding to any matter concerning the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
- The DNBC Biometric Authentication Service is a service provided by DNBC where you may use your fingerprint, facial identification scan, or other biometric verification methods that may come into practice intermittently while registered in your mobile device (as defined below) instead of your DNBCnet Internet/Mobile Banking username and password as an additional login method to gain access to the DNBCnet App. You are liable to the mobile devices that you use to gain access to the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service.
The DNBC Biometric Authentication Service is provided as part of the
DNBCnet App, available for the following operating systems:
- for devices operating on the Android operating system ("Android Devices"): Version 6.0 or later (under development for Tablets) on which biometric verification software is installed and/or enabled; and
- for devices operating on the iOS operating system ("Apple Devices"): iOS version 11.0 or later and iPhone 5S or newer and registered with Apple Inc's Touch ID;
- (the Apple Devices and the Android Devices are hereafter aggregately referenced as the "Mobile Devices" and respectively a "Mobile Device").
You acknowledge and agree that in order to use the DNBC Biometric
Authentication Service, you will need to:
- be a client of DNBC and be a legitimate user of the DNBCnet Internet Banking and DNBCnet App;
- have installed the DNBCnet App on your Mobile Device;
- register to use the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service by completing the registration process after signing in to the DNBCnet App with your DNBCnet Internet Banking or Mobile Banking username and password;
- own at least one fingerprint or facial identity stored/registered in your Mobile Device;
- understand that once you have successfully registered with the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service, any fingerprint and facial identity other than yours that is stored/registered on your Mobile Device can be used to access DNBCnet App;
- acknowledge and agree that the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service and the DNBCnet App will be accessing the fingerprint and/or facial identity registered in your Mobile Device. Thus, you consent DNBC to access and use such information in the provision of the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service;
- understand the need to protect your Mobile Device and shall be responsible for all use of your Mobile Device (whether authorized by you or otherwise) to access the DNBCnet App; and
- agree to and comply with these Terms.
- Once your Mobile Device is successfully registered with the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service, you may use any of the fingerprint or facial identification that is stored/registered in your Mobile Device to access the DNBCnet App on your Mobile Device(s) as an alternative to signing in to the DNBCnet App with your username and password. You may still choose to access the DNBCnet App using your DNBCnet Internet Banking or Mobile Banking username and password as another form of your login credentials.
- You acknowledge that the authentication is performed by the DNBCnet App by cooperating with the facial scan and/or fingerprint authentication on your Mobile Device and that you agree to the authentication process.
- You can deactivate the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service at any time by navigating to the DNBCnet App settings once you are logged in.
In addition to and without withholding the disclaimers and
exclusions of liability in the Universal Terms of Service:
- You understand that the facial scan and/or fingerprint authentication module of the Mobile Device is not provided by DNBC, and we make no representation or warranty as to the security of the facial and/or fingerprint authentication function of any Mobile Device and whether it works in the way that the manufacturer of the device represents.
- We do not represent or warrant that the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service will be accessible at all times, or function with any electronic equipment, software, infrastructure, or other digital banking services that we may offer from time to time.
- Unless a law prohibits us from excluding or limiting our liability, we are not liable for any loss you incur in connection with the use or attempted use of the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service, or any unauthorized logins in connection with the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service.
- You shall indemnify us from all loss and damage which we may incur in connection with any improper use of the DNBC Biometric Authentication Service.
- If any of these Terms are invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable under the laws of any country, it shall not affect or impair the validity, legality, or enforceability of the rest of these Terms and/or these Terms under the laws of any other country.
- Any failure or delay by DNBC in exercising or enforcing any right we have under these Terms does not operate as a waiver of and does not prejudice or affect our right subsequently to act strictly under our right.
- If we are unable to observe or perform any of these Terms due to or caused by an unexpected event beyond our control which we cannot reasonably be expected to prevent or avoid, we shall not be deemed responsible or deemed at fault from performing these Terms for the duration of the disabling event. We shall not be liable for any delay, loss, damage, or inconvenience caused or arising from or with references to the disabling event. Examples of such events include but are not limited to equipment, system or transmission link malfunction or failure, fire, flood, explosion, acts of elements, acts of God, acts of terrorism, wars, accidents, epidemics, strikes, lockouts, power blackouts or failures, labor disputes or acts, demands or requirements of governments.