Studying abroad can be an incredibly rewarding experience, offering students the opportunity to learn in a new environment, experience new cultures, and broaden their perspectives. However, the costs associated with studying abroad can be a major barrier for many students. That’s where scholarships come in. Scholarships are a form of financial aid that can help students pay for their education. There are a variety of scholarships available to students who want to study abroad, and these scholarships can help cover the costs of tuition, room and board, travel, and other expenses. If you’re interested in studying abroad but are worried about the cost, here’s what you need to know about scholarship to study abroad.
Scholarship to study abroad – All you need to know
Types of Scholarships
There are several types of scholarships available to students who want to study abroad. Some of the most common types of scholarships include:
- Merit-based scholarships – These scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and other accomplishments.
- Need-based scholarships – These scholarships are awarded based on financial need, and they are designed to help students who might not otherwise be able to afford to study abroad.
- Destination-specific scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to students who want to study in a specific country or region.
- Program-specific scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to students who want to participate in a specific study abroad program.
- Diversity scholarships – These scholarships are awarded to students from underrepresented groups, such as students of color or students with disabilities.
How to find 100% scholarships to study abroad
There are many ways to find 100% scholarships to study abroad. Here are some strategies you can use:
- Search online: One of the best ways to find 100% scholarships is to search online. Many universities and organizations have websites that list the scholarships they offer, along with the eligibility criteria and application process. You can also use search engines to find scholarships based on your field of study, location, and other preferences.
- Check with your country’s government: Many countries have government-funded scholarships that are available to their citizens who want to study abroad. Check with your country’s education department or embassy to see if you are eligible for any of these scholarships.
- Use scholarship databases: There are many scholarship databases available online that can help you find 100% scholarships. Some popular databases include ScholarshipPortal, International Scholarships, and Scholarships.com.
- Contact universities: If you have a specific university in mind that you want to attend, check their website or contact the admissions office to see if they offer 100% scholarships for international students.
- Ask your school counselor: If you are currently enrolled in a high school or college, ask your school counselor if they know of any 100% scholarships that you may be eligible for.
What you need to do to qualify for 100% scholarships to study abroad
Qualifying for a 100% scholarship to study abroad can be challenging, but it’s not impossible. Here are some things you need to do to increase your chances of securing a scholarship:
- Research the scholarship requirements: Before you apply for a scholarship, make sure you understand the eligibility criteria and requirements. Some scholarships may require a certain GPA, language proficiency, or extracurricular activities, so be sure to check the requirements carefully.
- Prepare your application materials: Most scholarship applications require you to submit transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. Make sure you have these materials ready and that they are of high quality.
- Start early: Many scholarship applications have early deadlines, so start your application process as early as possible. This will give you enough time to gather all the necessary materials and revise your application before submitting it.
- Polish your language skills: If you are applying for a scholarship in a country where the language of instruction is not your first language, it’s important to have a good command of the language. You may need to take a language proficiency test like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Show your passion: Scholarship committees are often looking for candidates who are passionate about their field of study and have a clear vision for their future. Use your personal statement to demonstrate your passion and show how studying abroad will help you achieve your goals.
Even when you have a 100% scholarship, you still need to access and manage your money while you are overseas. And this is where having the best credit card for studying abroad comes into play.
Find the best credit card for studying abroad
Chase Sapphire Preferred
The Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is a great option for those studying abroad. It offers a sign-up bonus of 100,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first three months of opening the account, which is equivalent to $1,250 in travel rewards. Additionally, you’ll earn 2x points on travel and dining purchases and 1x point on everything else.
This card also offers no foreign transaction fees, making it a great option for international students. The annual fee is $95, but it’s waived for the first year.
Capital One Venture Rewards
The Capital One Venture Rewards credit card is another great option for students studying abroad. It offers a sign-up bonus of 100,000 miles after spending $20,000 in the first 12 months of opening the account. Additionally, you’ll earn 2x miles on every purchase you make, which can be redeemed for travel rewards.
This card also offers no foreign transaction fees and has a $95 annual fee. However, the annual fee is waived for the first year.
Bank of America Travel Rewards
The Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card is a great option for students who want to earn points on their purchases without having to worry about an annual fee. It offers a sign-up bonus of 25,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months of opening the account.
Additionally, you’ll earn 1.5x points on every purchase you make, and there are no foreign transaction fees. This card also offers a 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers, which can be helpful for students who need to make large purchases upfront.
Discover it Miles
The Discover it Miles credit card is a great option for students who want to earn miles on their purchases without having to worry about an annual fee. It offers 1.5x miles on every purchase you make, and there are no foreign transaction fees.
Additionally, Discover will match all the miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year, which can be a significant bonus. This card also offers a 0% APR for the first 14 months on purchases and balance transfers, which can be helpful for students who need to make large purchases upfront.
The Citi Premier credit card is a great option for students who want to earn rewards on their purchases and have access to premium benefits. It offers a sign-up bonus of 80,000 points after spending $4.000 in the first three months of opening the account.
Additionally, you’ll earn 3x points on travel and gas purchases, 2x points on dining and entertainment purchases, and 1x points on everything else. This card also offers no foreign transaction fees, making it a great option for international students. The annual fee is $95, but it’s waived for the first year.
Besides credit cards, using a digital online platform is an ideal choice when studying abroad, take DNBC Financial Group’s digital online platform as an example.
- International money transfers: Students studying abroad may need to transfer money between their home country and their host country. DNBC Financial Group’s digital online platform can provide a quick and easy way to transfer funds, with competitive exchange rates and low fees.
- Online payment: The digital online platform can provide students with access to their accounts from anywhere in the world. This can be especially useful for students who need to keep track of their finances while they are abroad.
About DNBC Financial Group
DNBC Financial Group is a global financial organization that offers a smart digital payment system, a useful payment platform, and a global online money transfer to business and individual clients. DNBC Financial Group’s aim is to streamline daily business operations, automate foreign financial transactions, and ensure that customers always fulfill payment deadlines.